Safeguarding Information for Visitors
At Bensham Manor School, we take the safeguarding of all of our community very seriously.
During your time at the school, if you have any concerns about the well-being of any person, please inform the above members of staff who can be contacted via the Main School Office.
If a child make a disclosure to you, please follow these guidelines.
- Stop and Listen. Take the child serious and assume they are telling the truth.
- Do NOT promise confidentiality. Tell the child that you may have to pass on the information to someone who can help.
- Reassure the child they have done the right thing by telling you.
- Do not ask leading questions or ask the child to repeat what they have said to another member of staff not listed above.
- Keep the information confidential.
- Record and report the conversion as soon after the disclosure as possible and pass it onto the members of staff above.
Kirstie Byrne – Safeguarding Lead