Autumn Term – Self image
This unit covers; Line, tone, colour, texture, painting, collage, digital media, printing, mixed media
- Cut photograph in ½ and complete by drawing /painting the other half.
- Cut photograph into strips, arrange with spaces to elongate / warp.
- Look in mirror and draw own face.
- Use paper plate, cut out features and place correctly, add hair
- Talk about symmetry in face.
- Photomontage of faces cut from magazines
- Discuss proportions: hand = length of face, ears =length from eyes to mouth Hand and foot prints
- Use of Family photographs
- Face painting
- Use of digital camera to take portrait
- Clay portrait / mask
- Collage using overlay of tissue paper
- Collage their names with Bridget Riley background
- Create poster about themselves
- Trace A4 photo of self, transfer to paper then: paint, chalk / oil pastel, collage, ink & bleach
- Printing using lino / poly block
Key Words; Identity, distinguishing features, personal history, symbolism, autobiography, moods, feelings, images, overlay, composition, photomontage, digital imagining.
Artist to look at for inspiration:
Related Youtube Videos