Covid-19 'Catch up'
For the 2021-2022 academic year, Bensham has been allocated the sum of £57,835
At Bensham Manor, this money will be used in order to provide:
- Curriculum resources and materials that support “catch up” and mental health of pupils.
- Additional support staff to develop the outcomes of children who have been identified as needing “catch up” in their learning.
- Music Therapy.
- After school clubs.
There are two broad aims for “catch up” at Bensham Manor:
- Attainment outcomes at end of 2021-22 for all year groups will be at least in line with those at the end of 2019-20.
- The mental health needs of pupils are met and supported by the school.
Catch Up and Bensham Manor is
(For all children)
- Working through a broad, well sequenced and purposeful curriculum.
- Focus on consolidation of basic skills.
- Particular focus on early reading and phonics.
- Assessment of learning and of basic skills to identify major gaps.
- Time spent on mental health, wellbeing and social skills development.
(For Year 11)
- Additional support and focus on basic core skills through both timetabled and after school catch up sessions.
Catch Up and Bensham Manor IS NOT
- Cramming missed learning
- Pressuring children and families into rapid learning
- Teachers time spent highlighting missed objectives
- Teachers time spent ticking off assessment points and extra tracking